Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Work In Progress: Elliott's 4th Birthday Blanket

I've decided to start a new tradition for my children.  For each birthday, I would like to make them a special blanket.  It may be a little over-ambitious, so it may not happen exactly as I plan.  But the thought is nice, correct?

My oldest, sweet 3-year old Elliott, will be turning 4 towards the end of this month.  Back in January I got on Ravelry to pick out a pattern - or 50 patterns - and decided on this very simple, classic shell stitch pattern called the Beachcomber Baby Blanket.

He's not a baby, so I'm making his much larger.  I will go into more details later, but for now here is a preview of how it's turning out - enjoy!


The decided to go with blues and a tan that reminds me of the color of sand.  In 2013 we took him to the beach for the first time and this blanket is going to serve as a memory of that.



The biggest booger about this blanket is that you change colors every row - oh man, do you see all those loose ends to weave in?  That's going to take me a week at least.

At this point I'm only about 25% of the way done.  Moving into our brand new home AND having a new baby has really put a damper on my crochet time.  Oh well - one of these days I will be an old woman sitting in my rocking chair every morning and then, yes then, I will have plenty of time to crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment