Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Work in Progress: Lu's Granny Stripe Blanket


I have officially created a crafting schedule.  I have so many projects in the works, like this one, that I can't hardly keep up.  I'm itching to get them all finished, but there's just not enough time.  And then I get bored with doing the same stitches over and over that I have to work on another to keep myself from getting burned out.

Here is another one of my projects on the schedule.  This is going to be a Christmas present for one of my nieces.  This is done in a traditional Granny Stripes pattern.  So easy, and so simple, yet when paired with modern pops of color, it looks so cool.  Not like it belongs in granny's house at all!


I'm using Hobby Lobby's "Yarn Bee Soft Secret" in Ivory, Flamingo, and Honey and a 5 mm hook.  I've purchased 3 skeins of the Ivory and 2 each of the Honey and Flamingo.  I hope it's enough.  I'm not sure what the final measurements will be since I'm crocheting by the seat of my pants.

I started this back in January.  Each row takes approximately 15-20 minutes for me to finish depending on the amount of distractions going on.  So far I have completed 43 rows.  43 rows x 15 minutes = 645 minutes = 10.75 hours.  Oy vey.  Good thing I started this Christmas present a year ahead.  At this point I'm about halfway done with the main body.  Who knows how long it will take to weave in the ends and finish the border.


For some reason the pattern and colors kind of remind me of a court jester's outfit.  Strange?



Classic pattern with modern color.  Score!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's certainly one of my favorite color combinations of all time. Several people have requested I make this blanket for them.

      Delete